The Remote Gambling Act (KOA) will go into effect on January 1, 2021, and will be a federal law. A license will be granted to anyone who wishes to provide online games of chance such as s188plays slots Malaysia. In July 2021, the Dutch government is scheduled to issue the first licenses. Weighing the pros and cons of getting a license from the Dutch Gaming Authority Lastly, what will happen when we can legally gamble online? You may learn about the advantages and downsides in this post.
In the present moment:
- Players are in no way protected. For example, if a provider refuses to pay out or treats you in an unfair manner, you have no legal recourse.
- No or little supervision is given to players who play excessively or for long periods of time.
Things that are changing:
- Young people and vulnerable groups should be better protected against gambling addiction by better prevention.
- It’s possible to unsubscribe from CRUKS if you’ve gotten into trouble gambling-related (Central Register Deregistration of Gaming). Those who do so will be barred for six months from playing at any casino, not even the Holland Casino or the gambling hall.
- Gambling tax is paid by online bookmakers and casinos directly to the government.
- As a player, you can contact the Gaming Authority in the event of a dispute, such as a payout.
- Playing limit amounts can be set in advance so as not to get into problems.
Better prevention policy for gambling addiction
To ensure greater transparency, bookmakers will begin contributing to a fund as soon as gambling is legalized in the Netherlands. Gambling addiction affects 0.3 percent of casino players over the age of 16 according to a study. Nearly 40,000 people are involved in the game.
Gaming experience is better Legalizing
The gaming experience at online casinos should be improved. As a result, there are a variety of ways to make it more fun. As an example, don’t pay your own taxes. However, the tax has already been passed on by the bookmaker.
Set playing limits
Playing restrictions are increasingly common in casinos; nevertheless, players must set these limits before they can open an account in an authorized casino. There is a time limit that must be specified by the player. Loss caps for each day, week, and month are also available to help you stay inside your financial budget. According to research, it increases awareness of your gaming habit while reducing the likelihood of developing a gambling addiction.
It’s safe to say that once sports betting is legalized in the Netherlands, you’ll be better protected as a result. The Gaming Authority has severe rules and regulations that bookies must follow. As of now, a large number of gambling enterprises have expressed interest in the Netherlands. How many suppliers will get one is still unknown.